The Education, Science and Culture Committee shall establish and monitor the implementation of policy, and in procedures to enact legislation and other regulations it shall have the rights and duties of the competent working body in matters pertaining to:
- pre-school education, primary, secondary and higher education,
- science, culture and technical culture,
- international scientific and technical/technological co-operation,
- protection and utilisation of cultural resources, historical materials and heritage, archives and archival materials, and the commemoration of historical events and persons,
- co-operation with religious communities,
- information technology and other matters of education, science and culture.