7th term of the Croatian Parliament (22 December 2011 - 28 December 2015)
European Affairs Committee
Scope of work
- monitor the activities of the Croatian Parliament in European affairs;
- adopt the Work Programme for considering the positions of the Republic of Croatia;
- consider the documents of the European Union and the positions of the Republic of Croatia on EU documents, and shall have the possibility to adopt conclusions thereon;
- consider the reports of the Government on the meetings of the Council of the European Union;
- verify compliance with the principle of subsidiarity;
- adopt a conclusion proposing to the competent authority to implement the regulatory impact assessment procedure in accordance with law;
- take part in the process of nomination of the candidates of the Republic of Croatia for EU institutions and bodies;
- monitor the alignment of the legal system of the Republic of Croatia with the EU acquis;
- participate in the Conference of Parliamentary Committees on Union Affairs of Parliaments of the European Union (COSAC);
- co-operate with the European Parliament and European Affairs Committees of national parliaments;
- propose to the Speaker of Parliament to conduct a debate on the position of the Republic of Croatia for the European Council meeting;
- submits an annual report on its activities to Parliament.
The European Affairs Committee shall have the rights and duties of the competent working body in European affairs pertaining to:
- adopting conclusions on the application of the passerelle clause;
- amending the Treaties of the European Union.
The Committee shall perform other duties specified by these Rules of Procedure and the law.